If students need general assistance or need to have a machine reviewed to see if it meets the qualifications. There are walk-in hours in IT Central on the lower level of 72 5th Avenue, and they will review both PC and Mac laptops. They take walk-ins Mondays-Thursdays, 9:30 am-9:00 pm, Fridays, 9:00 am-7:00 pm, Saturdays, 9:00 am-5:00pm
For Peer to Peer Project:
1. Important to understand for screen and print use: Image Size and Resolution
3. Tools Panel
Illustrator CS6 Help and Tutorials from Adobe Download the help PDF
- Getting Started: Illustrator Workspace Basics
Will help with learning more about all of the elements which surround and control your document. For now, focus on becoming familiar with the preset workspaces.
a. For class: Please don’t switch the workspace set at Essentials as we will all be learning from the same workspace together.
b. For class: When moving through the tools panel, practice with the shortcut keys. They appear on my handout and also as you scroll over the tool itself.
c. For class: Please keep all panels open as they are easier to locate and move from one to the other.
2. Shortcut Keys
For positive/negative assignment: Use page one on shortcut keys3. Important precision/measuring tools: Rulers, Guides, Grids
3. Create, select and manipulate objects: Illustrator Tools Panel
4. Different ways of selecting: Illustrator/Selecting Objects
5. Simple tools for beginners: Drawing Lines and Shapes
6. A good overview without covering the videos above: Draw with shapes, lines, and color
7. A very comprehensive guide: Illustrator’s Pen Tool